Another Energy Plan Cancelled

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Batts

Reaction score
Barry Obama just canceled another Bush-era energy plan that would have created 160,000 jobs and $1.7 TRILLION in royalty income by 2030. I thought the plan was to make this country self-sufficient for energy, not dependent on other countries.

This isn't the first. He canceled another drilling opportunity last week.

Sad, because between oil & natural gas yield estimates off-shore on both coasts and in the Gulf of Mexico, the Bakken Shale Formation in the Dakotas and Montana; and shale deposits in Utah and other western states, and ANWR, we could be damn near energy independent for decades, if not longer. And today's technology would allow us to extract those resources responsibly and still be good stewards of the environment.

But nooooo.... the environmental wackos won't let us get to these resources!:angry:

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE MESSIAH!!!!

DEAR LEADER KNOWS ALL, SEES ALL AND WILL NOT STOP UNTIL

AMERICA IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY, WHERE HE FEELS WE BELONG.

SPREAD THE WEALTH MEANS GLOBALLY, NOT ONLY IN AMERICA!

The Dreggs have spoken, voted and are happy.

Extracting oil from shale deposits is very expensive, and was only economically viable when gas prices were high. Oil shale operations in Utah and Texas are in danger of shutting down because its no longer cost effective with the current low gas prices. Plus, several of the proposed oil leases in Utah were granted by the Bureau of Land Management in DIRECT violation of a written agreement with the National Park Service. They would have likely resulted in oil rigs being visible from some of the most scenic areas in Arches National Park and Dinosaur National Monument. Even conservatives want to see natural scenery, rather than oil rigs when they visit our National Parks. There are plenty of links out there for this information, I'm not going to waste time digging them up.

Has anyone noticed that a lot of the pro-"messiah" junk on here has gotten a little quiet since the great one has had a chance to put some of his "change" into action?

Has anyone noticed that a lot of the pro-"messiah" junk on here has gotten a little quiet since the great one has had a chance to put some of his "change" into action?

They are just tired of all these Sexual Intellectuals destroying this website.

Tom

He's definitely getting his change. In fairness, he only said it would be "change you can believe in", not "change you will like".

My favorite from the campaign was this gem:

"Electricity rates will skyrocket under my plan."

Latest posts