Am not understanding this

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,,

I did a college report last year and compiled information from west coast Senators, (they must reply to mail you send them by law).

At any rate, I had asked why you would support illegal immigrants, how many there are here legally, (confusing, but give me a second) etc etc.

They cam come here with green cards and visa and be legal, but 90% do not return when their privileges run out.

The information I got basically said there were just over 10 million that came here legally and are now illegal. This number does NOT count the actual illegal immigrants that came here illegally in the first place.

Two senators said they supported them because, on the west coast they can get a drivers license even if they are illegal immigrants. Once they have a license, they can vote.

Answers that doesn't it.

All comes down to money in the form of votes....

Sucks doesn't it?

Bill,

Now Bill, why do you have to be like that? I updated the post to add a smiley, because clearly you missed the joke.

But, to answer your question, no, I don't hire illegals, don't work with them either.

I am fortunate enough to live in an area of the country with few illegals. We have no barrios, and we have no Mexicans congregating in front of Lowes or Home Depot (yet we have several of those). Actually, I take that back, it is not because I am fortunate. It is because I made a conscious choice to move away from, and to no longer live in areas with a large number of illegals.

I posted the comment as a joke, because whenever I see a statistic given on the Internet that is clearly pulled out of thin air I think of that old joke. I'm not saying that I doubt that an overwhelming majority of illegals in your area are paid in cash. Heck, I am confident that most are paid in cash, regardless the area. I dont doubt that at all. I just find the 99% statistic to be arbitrary, and probably not a real factoid backed up by a real study. Again, no offense.

Regards,

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fortunate enough to live in an area of the country with few illegals.

And you're just one state up....lucky.

I don't know about this "Mexicans are good workers" thing. Maybe when ya'll get 'em right as they cross the border, but by the time they make it to MD, they must have lost their quality work in the journey. I don't trust buildings here made by them. I installed networking cable in one, and the antics I saw them do make me feel sorry for any student in what is now a branch of Johns Hopkins university.

Or the condominiums they were building, and during construction they managed to find a way to drop our escavator into their trench, and smash a brick facade to bits with theirs...genius. I'm convinced that the clothes on their backs and the ONE power tool that they always have (I never see one with 2+) are the only things they own....until they go to pepboys to buy amps and pink lights.

I must have missed the memo, since I'm a "born caucasian american" and I've worked for less than 8 dollars.

Of course, this only applies to mexicans...everyone around here knows that you need to get an El Salvadorian because they work harder, or a Honduran for quality work. (Sad, but it is true--we're subdividing our illegal immigrants)

Though how illegal mexicans can get to MD without getting busted is a feat. Blacks had trouble getting from Virginia to Pennsylvania, and they were 3/5ths of a legal citizen.

Bill,

Gotcha. Thanks. I'm sure San Josie has a lot of illegals and most are paid in cash. I never doubted that. I just see now that the 99% statistc was pulled from the air, as I expected.

TJR

"We don't have Mexican day laborers here. We occasionally get displaced French-Canadians begging for wine and cheese, however. They stand in front of upscale botiques and babble in some incoherent language while holding berets in one hand and a crossant sandwich in the other."

LMFAO :banana:

Latest posts