All Terrain Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2004 XLT and I'm in need of some new tires. I do use the truck on the 4x4 beach. Right now I am airing down to about 20psi and have no problems, but since I need new tires, does anyone have a recommendation for a good meaty all-terrain tire that will fit the stock rim and not require any lift kits.

Thanks,

DF

BFG All-Terrain T/A's are hands-down the best A/T tire. Pricey but they last a long time. Either stock size or bump up one to 265/70-16, they will fit fine. Downside, a lot of the BFG sizes are only in load range E (10 ply) and will ride kinda hard, get C or D load range if possible. The higher load range would hold up better being aired down, on the other hand since they are stiffer airing down would have less effect.

Second choice would be the Bridgestone Dueler REVO 2. I had a set of these on my old '05 Trac and loved them. Actually I had several sets because they wear quicker. Excellent all-around tire. Upside, they are available in P-metric sizes in 255/70 and 265/70 both and won't ride as hard.

Cooper Dicoverer AT3. I just got them. Meaty tread. Quiet on the road. Great handling in rain and snow. Great price.

ea47dae95fe5bf7480d6942a352bd04e.png

I have had several sets of both the BFG All-Terrain T/A and Dueler REVO (not the 2 ... yet). Been happy with both.

In my experience, the BFG are more of an off-road tire, or, more accurately, less an on-road tire than the REVO. The REVO work well off-road, but perform very well on mountain roads and such.

The BFGs have been a staple performing all terrain tire for decades. The KO2 increases tread life and sidewall protection, mud and snow traction compared to the KO. The REVO 2 has a less aggressive tread design, supposedly for a more quiet and comfortable ride (I have no complaints with the original).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts