All-In-One Keyless Entry Key Fob: Multiple Vehicles?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
I'm getting pretty tired of lugging my office keys, house keys and two sets of vehicle keys and their keyless entry key fobs on one key chain.

I don't think there is a way to consolidate all my keys but maybe there is a way to do this with the key fobs?

Has anyone ever come across a product that can incorporate multiple vehicle key fobs into one compact key fob?

How awesome would it be to be able to have one key fob remote to lock/unlock both vehicles? Maybe there is one I can program for use with my remote starter I've yet to install on the STA.

psycareyo, there appera sthat there would be a conflict if both vehicles were in the same area. Open would open both while lock would do the same. The trunk would pop on both vehicles. I feel your pain since I have 4 key fops. If you find something please post....MikeC

My carstarter key fob has like...8 buttons...I'm sure somthing could be made to lock and unlock seperately.

I should say that I'm not looking to mod a factory key fob. I'm trying to find an aftermarket technology/ fob to do it all.

sorry this is of no help what so ever, but it came into my head reading the post.

One FOB to rule them all. Ok I'm nerdy..

I've done it. My remotes are all programmed to both my Trac and my wife's Explorer. One of the remotes was still programmed to my old Focus and it worked on all three until I told the used car tech to erase it.

edit--Yes, the biggest drawback I have is if I accidentally hit the panic button on one of my remotes and it triggers one vehicle, but not the other. It's fun trying to turn off the horn on one without starting the other horn going off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why carry them all at once?

We have a place at home where we hang our keys.

If I'm driving the Trac, I grab the key ring when I head out the door.

It has a key for the truck, a house key and a key to get in my store.

Pretty simple. Like me! :wacko:

Same here Jerry. Seems very easy to me!

But we don't hang our keys. I have seen to many episodes of "It takes a thief." We keep ours in a small safe.

I hear ya Ironbar.

Yes, we hang them, but in a wall mounted key box with a digital keypad.

It's quick and easy. And no, I don't share the combo with the kids or the grandkids! :p

Out in the shop, which is away from the house about 50 paces, where I store the Vette, motorcycle and my Mule, I have a floor safe with a digital keypad to store those keys. Ha! I don't even like keys to access where I store my keys!

Gotta protect the rolling stock.

Another reason I don't carry all my keys. If I ever get rolled, I don't the bad guys to have the keys to everything I own!

What about the new keys that have the Fob intergrated. That takes up less pocket than key and fob.

Seems that someone could have the single fob technology. The clifton alarm system I had on my stang had 3 levels of function, on the fob. With 4 programable buttons per level. The installer told me each level was a different frequency. That was why the same button you used on level 1, that unlocked. On level 2 the same button was wired and programed for something else. Same button on level 3 could be something else. Seems that the tech should be out there.

You could probably do it with aftermarket tech and parts, but you'd have to install new brains into each vehicle and go into the wiring.

When I installed door popper for my doors, my new FOB has four buttons, but the brain is eight channels. One channel is for the driver's side door popper, another is for the passenger side popper, another is for lock, and my fourth is for unlock. If you had a brain in each vehicle, and all those brains were synced up, you could in theory lock and unlock up to four different vehicles and not have any conflicts. Factory FOBs would still work, the aftermarket system is separate and triggers the lock solenoid with its own wires.

My son programmed my new Trac keypad number the same as my wifes Expedition,

The original code works, the new one is the secondary.

I don't even know the original code on the Trac.

Give it 6 months,

Billy Mays will have a Programmable

super duper Key FOB for only 19.95.

But if you are the first 500 callers,

he'll double your order.:lol:

but wait, he'll throw in a handy switch and a pack of

mighty putty, just pay shipping and handling.:lol::lol:

Latest posts