airbag light on 99 Explorer, NEED HELP!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WALKER

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, hope someone can help me out here. My friend has a 99 Explorer that had a recall on the drivers side seat. The same day he got it back from the dealership the air bag light on the dash comes on. He asked the dealership if they had messed with the sensor in the seatbelt and of course they denied it. Anyway, when the igniton is first turned on the light flashes 3 times, then a short pause, then flashes 6 times and then stays on. I know this is a code for what may be wrong. Does anyone have any idea what this code means and how it can be fixed without draging the dealership into it? Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

what was the recall for on his seat? it seems funny that the airbag light was on after the messed with it. If I were him I would go back and tell them the deal. it wasnt on when he brought it in, so it shouldnt be on when he picked it up.........

The recall was on one of the bolts that secured the seat to the floor. We called the dealership but they don't want to take responsibilty for it. My local Ford service center sucks, Ive had issues with them on my S/T in the past.

Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Battery or Ignition

OR

Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Resistance High

OR

Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Resistance Low

you need to retrieve a DTC to find out which one it is, but I would not expect the seat bolt recall to be related,...however it does apear that the connector under the seat could set one of those codes. Just check to be sure that it's plugged in (they shouldn't have had to touch it to do the recall).

edit spelling challenged

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts