Air Conditioning

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conductor11

Reaction score
My problem is the A/C kicking out going up hill on the interstate. Comes back on when the RPM's drop back to 1700 or so. Its been leak tested and a new charge weighed in. I noticed two pressure switches, would anyone know what pressures they were calibrated for?

I'm driving a 2005 4x2 with the 6 cyl. Approx. 185k. As the temperature in southern Nevada is 110 degrees this week, I need some direction as where to find a solution without wasting more time.
Thanx

Comes back on when the RPM's drop back to 1700
Is it the blower also? Or only the compressor? Is your temp gauge correct? If this is a long incline. Before the engine temps reach critical. The ECU will shut the AC off. If this is a long incline, you could try turning the OD off. Do an experment on level ground. Manualy put your trans in 2cnd gear. Increase your speed to above 1700rpms'. If the AC shuts off, you may have a problem with high pressure in the AC system or a bad high pressure switch.
No idea what the the low and high AC switches are set for. IMO, if the AC stays on and cools the cab on level ground. That is not suspicious. Your problem is not one I have heard of.