After 7 1/2 years of STing - hit by a ricer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kid came sliding around a corner in his lowered Acura and hit me broadside. I think he was "drifting". Nearly went under my ST. Considering the impact, I'm happy to be able to drive home while the Acura was totaled and towed.

I'm hoping the ibuprofen treatment will suffice...

I got hit by an Avenger doing the same dumb crap, trashed his front end, crumple zone in my Spyder was toast, but only a scuff in my bumper. The Avernger was towed. Spyder was easy fix.

Sorry about your ST...you get much damage?

Sorry to hear about that Austin.

Glad you are okay and kept your wits about you.

Gavin asked:
Did you jump out and beat the hell out of him?

Is that what we are supposed to do when we get in an accident that isn't our fault...Jump out of the car and beat the hell out of the other guy?

TJR

Sorry to hear about your ST, and glad you're O.K. Austin. I think you made a typo in your frustration/anger. Knowing the area you live in the kid is lucky he didn't end up in a ditch, wrapped around a tree, or off the side of a cliff. Hope that was a wake up call for him. Living in the foothills like you do is not the kind of place one wants to do any kind of funny stuff in a vehicle.

Is that what we are supposed to do when we get in an accident that isn't our fault...Jump out of the car and beat the hell out of the other guy?

No, that would be assault.

What you do is wait until you've traded insurance information and ID and all that good stuff, and the police report is filed, then 3 months later you go eat a crave case, break into his house and give him an upper deck.

I wanted to just on general principles because he ran a stop sign, but I was seeing double and wasn't sure which one to hit. :lol:

Not what we should do but I had an illegal, no insurance, no licencse, run a red light. He totaled a '73 340 CUDA, I had been restoring. I beat the crap out of him. This was years ago, in my wilder days. He didnt tell the cop 'cuase he was illegal. I lost that car at my exspense. I still dont feel bad about it. Lot of man hours and money went into it.

If it wern't illegal, I'd have done it a few times! Even a few times when I wasn't even involved in the accident, because the person was SO stupid that they shouldn't be allowed to breath our valuable oxygen, let alone have a driver's license.

I love to drive. It's the other people on the road I can't stand!

Thanks for the sympathy folks. Did some R&R at Bodega Bay this weekend. I found that Napa Valley wines are great pain relievers. A bit sore still, but nothing too serious.

I might have been more upset than I am if I hadn't been young and stupid myself.

Ahhh. Reality check.

You've found the secret, Austin. You've gotten over it. You're on the mend, and thank the Lord, you weren't really hurt. The rest is all about something you can't control - even though you wish you could, but you can't. So, make the best of it - fix the Trac - have another glass of wine - and hug someone who can't do without you.

Merry Pre Xmas.

Flyer

Latest posts