Adrenalin Owners - What do we do about exhaust?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're looking for a loud aggressive note that really bellows than this is not for you. One of the things I love about this muffler is it does enhance the tone but it doesn't sound "fake." Like some vehicles that sound all exhaust. That's what I was trying to avoid. Not bad for $83.82 shipped. performancepeddler.com 4tw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carey;

Thanks very much for the info and the pics, its very helpful!! Your idea of the proper tone/sound is completely in sync with what I am after so this sounds like the option for me. I don't want something too loud, too agressive, or "fake", I just want a nice mellow V8 sound that suits the look of the truck!

Cheers;

Eric

P.S. Just to confirm.... is the unit thats just ahead of the muffler the cat or a resonator? I ask becasue I thought I heard that the truck had dual cats further upstream... Also in D. Potts video that unit is removed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think that's the stock resonator. Without that it's going to crackly at any loss of back pressure.

If you wanted, you could put a magnaflow resonator in it's place. I may consider that in the near future.

Yeah so I cut it off this morning and had the guys at Midas redo the crappy welds from the other shop. It's a resonator and it acts like a muffler.

I don't know why I even bothered going to Big Apple Audio for this job. I've gone to Midas for the last 7 out of the 12 vehicles I've owned. Our local MIdas is a family owned shop and their son is my age. He is an awesome welder. I didn't have my camera so no pics.

Magnaflow recommends that you unplug your battery for 20-30min to allow your system to reset and map the change. You should let it idle for about 15-20min also.

I'm waiting until Sunday to do this.

Cut it off. It sounds 100% better and you can feel a difference.

Ok great news, thanks for that info...

That makes sense since the Magnaflow Catback system for the 07/08 Sport Trac looses the stock resonator and muffler and then only adds the new magnaflow muffler in the system.

Carey, I assume by removing the resonator the sound changed (you mention for the better), but did it simply get louder or did it affect the cabin noise?

Cheers;

Eric

It increased the cabin noise a lot. I'm not thrilled about that but I will conceed that it sounds significantly better.

If you don't want as much cab noise than add a Magnaflow resonator before the muffler in place of the pipe. That should help smooth out the tone.

For the record: The original installer called me after I complained about the welds and the fact they left the resonator on. He offered to plut a stainless pipe in for free. I told him I had already taken care of the problem. He burned this bridge but he did do right in offering to fix it.

Latest posts