AC Orifice tube

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for my orifice tube to see if its blocked.

I'm thinking its in the line between the Condenser and evaporator, before it even goes into the accumultor/drier.

Can anyone verify that? I think its a pressure fitting? Is this correct. There is a black plastic connector and a pressure fitting underneath that.

This is in response to my earlier post of compressor cycling on and off every 5 seconds.

I replace high and low pressure(cycling switch) refilled freon and it still does same thing.

Think its my Orifice:huh:

Thanks in advance for you help

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=021&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=310063879032&rd=1

here is a link to a kit for 234 that should replace everything crucial.

I want to take apart my orifice and see if its clogged first

Most orifice tubes are simply slid into the tube where the condenser and the feed tube connect...

Not sure about the Trac, but that is the normal location...

I understand they are slid in but there is either a normal wrench fitting around the lines or some type of compression fitting? Is that a compression fitting or a spring disconnect?

Last edited by a moderator:
The orfice tube is usually located just before the evaporator core which is the coils located in the heater box under the dash. It the act of expanding the liquid to a cold gas that does the cooling.

However, if you do not know where it's located it would mean that you don't know enough about AC to properly fix the problem. Simply replacing the orfice tube will not likely cure your problem. Any atempts to run the AC without flushing out the system will likely result in just clogging up the new orfice tube and ...Richpossibly doing more damage to other parts.

...Rich

Latest posts