ABS sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and have been working on a 2003 ST xlt I bought last year. I'm still new to working on vehicles so bare with me. Also I appreciate any help!

My ST started intermittently showing the ABS light. Took it to a code reader and it said front right speed sensor. A few questions about this:

1. Am I correct to understand that to change out this speed sensor/abs I have to change the whole hub bearing assembly out since it is 4x4? I.e. I cannot just drop in a new sensor since it is one unit.

2. If that is the case are there any other solutions anyone might recommend before I go this route?

I have checked the fuses but I was hoping there are some other options before I throw $160+ at a new moog hub/bearing assembly

Thanks !

1. Am I correct to understand that to change out this speed sensor/abs I have to change the whole hub bearing assembly out since it is 4x4? I.e. I cannot just drop in a new sensor since it is one unit.

YES, BUT if the ring INSIDE the hub is bad ( you Never know) you wasted the time and effort.

2. If that is the case are there any other solutions anyone might recommend before I go this route? YES, Order from advance auto parts, Use online code TRT41 or TRT 30, free shipping and up to $50 off !!!

I would change the WHOLE assembly..... Its not worth messing around with it .

Todd Z