A/C Troubles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed S 2

Reaction score
Long time since I have posted but been reading in the background for a while now. Anyways I am having a weird issue with my A/C. If I start the car for the first time in an hour or so the A/C works perfectly for about ten minutes and then starts to blow warm humid air if I am in stop and go traffic. If I get going above 50 miles an hour it goes back to blowing freezing cold and stays that way, this is on fan speed 4. If I drop it down to fan speed 3 it will start blowing cold again at about 35 miles an hour. Here is the weird part if I leave it in park and let car sit there for thirty minutes the A/C stays cold. I re-pressurized the system before replacing the clutch and it has no issues of holding the pressure.

I have replaced the fan clutch that improved my issues but didn't solve them. I am thinking its the fan blades they weren't in good shape and seemed they were about to fall apart when I put the clutch on. I have to order the parts from amazon/specialty order since orielys/autozone/etc don't care them only aftermarket electrical ones.

Can anyone think of anything else it could be besides the fan blades?

Thanks

Clutch slipping? New doesn't mean fault free.

As a sealed system, if there were no leak, there should be no need to re-pressurize.

Re-pressurizing does not necessarily evacuate the system of whatever atmospheric humidity that may have entered.

If all else fails, take it to a reputable A/C shop; it shouldn't cost much to evacuate and fill (local Ford dealer quoted me $65.00 - a hour of labor). They will diagnose and inform.

Latest posts