A/C Leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Morse

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Sporttrac. The A/C has been leaking after running the heater. After taking it to a shop they said the pressure relife valve had some problem and was leaking. Due to a problem with the extended warrenty they have not fixed it yet. I have searched but do not find a pressure relief valve on this vehicle. Am I missing something or is ther on on it. I find pressure switches but no valves.

Is the valve availabe as a part or only on a new manifold. I do remember seeing a short port on the hose block on the compressor.

I just looked at my '04. The relief valve is hex headed and apears that it will screw out.

I found it like you said. If I change it and pull a vacum on the system. ( I have the gauges and vacum pump) Will I need to recharge the oil or just the freon. I know changing the comp or accumulator requires recharging the oil but does pulling a vacum require it.

Unless you have had a long term leak, I wouldnt think you would need any oil. Besides the the oil charge cans they sell are 4oz. That would be for a dry new system. There are some 134A cans with oil in them. Dont know how much oil though.

Latest posts