A/C clutch plate

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Gleason

Reaction score
Replacing the A/C clutch plate with one from Rock Auto. The original (?) is badly worn, I had it off and decided it needed to be replaced. Old one has just a hole in the center for the bolt to pass through into the shaft. The replacement seems to have a nut in the center that is threaded and flush with the plate. Not sure if this is going to work, I know I won't know for sure until I pull it off again but just wondering if this sounds right before I get involved again.

Sorry, no clue

Todd Z

Just a guess 'cause I haven't looked at mine, the nut may run the new clutch on and off the shaft.

You're right, Ed. After removing the old plate and looking at it you can see that's what it's for.

On another note, I replaced the clutch plate and the pulley with the compressor still on the Trac. Really pretty simple, keeper is accessible from the front and then we used pry bars to slowly work the pulley off being careful not to pry against the magnet. Put the new pulley on the shaft by tapping gently all around with a small nylon hammer. Whole job took about 2 hours and A/C works great again.

Latest posts