6R60 1-2gear bump when cold

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavin T

Reaction score
08 v8 ST
let the car warm up for 2 minutes or so before driving (idles smoothe) go to drive and it hesitates or bumps in and out of first for a time one or two times
it does not do this if i accelerate quick up to 15/20mph+
once the vehicle gets to 3rd gear (even if i stop the vehicle - go back into first gear)

Check fluid, or Change fluid....

Disconnect negative cable for 20 min, Open and close door 2 times, Re connect negative cable.... Resets memory.

Disconnect negative cable for 20 min, Open and close door 2 times, Re connect negative cable.... Resets memory.
moved from city to deep suburbs problem occurs much less, guessing trans gets up to temp and alot less 1-2 or 2-1 shifts now thats im going 45mph+ the whole time.

going to do oil change and check trans fluid this weekend.

drove to NY from philly this weekend 120+miles both ways. no issues whatsover except getting 17mpg. lol

update...
checked the trans fluid 3 weeks ago after driving 30 minutes home free way for 5 miles and then suburban stop and go. trans fluid was WAY over filled. cracked the bolt thinking i would hear the vacuum hiss trans fluid started shooting out. let than settle and remove extra till back down at the dipstick cross hatches. much better shifts and less bumping still a bit tho.