60K Service= Big $s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just paid $575 dollars for my 4wd trac's 60k service. i asked for Amsoil throughout, tranny flush, etc. Pretty much typical 60K stuff.

The guy told me that i needed platinum plugs. They were an extra $55 dollar expense. WTF

Did I get ripped off?

I think he snuck the bill up on you personally...

The small amount of maney he made on cheating you has cost him plenty of future sales....

Well, after a bit of research the price is pretty close. Considering it is a deler it is the right price...

I stand corrected..

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid $30 for 8 autolite double plats (sold in packs of 4), $65 for a set of JBA powercable ignition wires, $3 for some copper anti-seize, $2 for some dielectric grease, $2 for some liquid wrench. $10 for a gas filter, $30 for a belt.

6 hours of cursing, but got all 6 of them.

The trac does have plats stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
As nobleman said...the stock plugs are plats. Thats why they claim 100k life. I would replace them at 60 to 70k anyway.

Actually, the trac does come with platinum plugs, that's why they are recommended to last 100,000k prior to the first change. $55 is about right for the plugs alone, assuming they changed all six. In fact, down here, the dealer sells the plugs for the trac for about $10 apiece. The big question is whether they actually changed the passenger plug nearest the firewall, as this has been questionable in the past. Don't want to worry you but it has come up as to whether they change it or not.

As far as getting ripped off, were you willing to do the work yourself? If not, what all they did should justify the price. Keep in mind, labor is about $72/hr last time I checked. Changing the plugs will probably constitute an hour of labor, it took me about two hours without rushing. That part of the service alone would be about $130. As far as everything else, they probably charge more for the amsoil than you would find on the street. Plus whatever else they did. I revert back to, were you willing to do the work yourself (with the exception of a tranny flush), if not, then it was probably worth it.

I am a service writer at Carmax we charge $385 for a 60k and price adjust for certain vehicle that take longer to change plugs or vehicles who need non standard items. The price they charged you seems accurate for the vehicle. We are at 70.00 hr and a standard vehicle 60k is 4.0hrs Mitchell Guide plus parts.

Latest posts