45 Million dollor party?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridiculous! With the government spending billions to bailout major banks and companies, this money should be kept for a rainy day (like today). There is no reason why the inauguration couldn't have been held right in the oval office with a few key people present and one camera for the news organizations to document the ceremony.

thats is INSANE!! No wonder our society is so F'd up right now.

45 million to sign in the president. Wow....I think Canada spends like $15 to swear in the prime minister. :lol:

I guess there's a price to pay for the most historic inauguration thus far in US history. Scalpers are asking for ridiculous amounts of $$$ for tickets from what I hear, and people are paying....

This will indeed be an interesting transition, heard MR O on the radio today, promising this and that, creating new jobs, stimulating the economy, re-building americas infrasturucture

am a betting man myself, I bet he will not pull it off in the next 4 yrs.

This nations(and the entire worlds) problems are far to complex for a nyeophyte with very little experiance to contend with, am not saying the sky is falling.

All Obama is doing at this point is trying to pacify. I think he will fall on his face, JMO

I drove through dc this week, Obamas picture is all over buildings, looking down on you. reminds me of the nazi's sorry for the obama fanboys but that is what it felt like.

I don't believe any of the stories of what the inaguration will cost, since that information is usually not released and the reporters are only speculating. That's why they are quoting cost that range from $45M to $150M.

Also, since nearly every politician in the country will be attending the various parties, the security in Washington has got to be very tight and very expensive. I is not just the Secret Service and the DC police, their are probably thousands of security people from outside the DC area that were called in, checked out and the governement is footing the bill for their expenses.

Lastly, many of the parties are paid for by private sources and the government only pays for one inaguration party for Obama. The major cost is for security not for champaign and caviar, although I sure a lot of that will be flowing.

...Rich

So Rich' might you think that it is possible that we the tax payers may at a minimum, may be liable for at the minimum,A 45 Mil party?

We're paying for Russian caviar and French champagne? One day we'll have another President like Teddy Roosevelt. At that inauguration maybe they will serve beef brisket and cold beer, both from the good ole USA. ;)

Latest posts