434 on the dyno

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of you have ben waiting or this... We dyno'd over the weekend to check it all out. They started at 413 to the wheels and ended up with 434 keeping it safe after some mods. That's on target or 514 bhp.

We still purr at 918 neutral idle speed and the tuner won't let me get to 710 like we want so we are waiting for a reply email.

I will add the sheet tomorrow so you can see the rockin curve. I am impressed and several people stopped by... Everyone thought it was a factory screamer. The dyne guy sold me a Torson locker (like I need another project)

Last edited by a moderator:
We also pulled to 7100 but it fell off to 401.6 but if you look at BHP its still over 450 on the downside -

Factory on the last V8 XLT ltd he did was 226 to the wheels for comparison so to the road, the mods added 208 to the ground horsepower - $28 per horsie? How does that compare?

NICE man...... Well worth the expense....

HECK you could make a BOLT ON kit yoyr self and sell them !!! :)

Good deal...

Hows the shifter ??

Todd Z

I'm just getting started with the STs...... took delivery of a 2011 Adrenalin / V-8 / AWD / red.......very nice but I want the HP & Torque to match the GREAT looks.....

Did you do a complete engine swap (to a 5.4) or did you start with the base 4.6 ??

Joe

My mistake......a 2010 it is.

OK, so you started with a 4.6 3V (same as I have).....I noticed the blue SVT Head covers.......new heads & covers or just covers. Any other engine / intake / exhaust mods ?? And, what brand/model SC did you use ?? Did you self install (how difficult) or did you have a speed shop do it for you ??

If you have already written about all this, where do I go to find your past info ??

Thanx,

Joe

Those numbers are super Aaron! :haveabeer:

You got me covered by a bunch (your 434 vs. my ~ 366). :bwahaha:

Was that an AWD Dynojet dyno? Did you just go with Overdrive Off, Traction Control Off, and away it went?

Maybe you can get your STA and build up on Fast Fords, or one of the other mags. Just a great job man. Thank you for sharing all that you did. :supercool:

Very impressive! Adding the supercharger appears to be a first class job.

Now let us know what your gas mileage is...:grin:.

I'm guessing probably not to0 far off from stock if you can resist the temptation to let those 400+ ponies run loose too often...:bwahaha:

...Rich

After the dyno, I only get 20mpg vs 24-25.

Wait, your MPG has gone down after the dyno runs?

I understand it decreasing for just the tank of gas you had in the truck when you were on the dyno, but is the instantaneous reported MPG also going down?

Even so, 20 is still pretty good. That's higher than the EPA stock rating for highway IIRC.

On topic, almost doubling the stock HP is very impressive. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous :grin:

KL, I am sure he is going by the on board display that shows MPG on the dash......

Mine gets 20 or so highway but once I am back home, I see 13..... LOL

Todd Z

That's awesome!! That's more than chargedtrac's 39X. Although he is running half the boost your're running.

Sounds like you have that little M90 maxed out. I LOVE the sound of the M90. If someone made a decent M90 ST drop in kit, I'd buy that instead. Based on sound and pricing.

Where did you buy your grill insert for the bottom air damn, I have been looking and have not found one yet, i have a 2010 adrenalin as well in blue flame, thanks

I made the Grill Insert myself - Time and about $100 in donor parts - I made a post somewhere on here -

I just did 359 miles today with 80 mph as well as 55 mph - todays average door to door was 19.9 mpg - I gave 4 rides today and canned it a dozen times - Too damn hard not to -

We have an 1/8 mile up the street 10 miles and a 1/4 three hours away - i am of the mindset to do the 1/8 and guess at the quarter - too damn far to get trailered home should stupidity rear its head. Besides - Times mean nothing to a daily driver - I already know that I am having a great time with the local cobra and SRT guys because light to light with the traction assist off - I really do something - like Hook N Go - Thats better than a time slip any day of the week in my book and with the air on, the tunes blasting, and the WOW, "i just got beat by... What the hell is that thing anyway?" :banana:

I forgot to answer - The pulls were in 4th gear and we had to get it up to 3500 to drop the hammer to match the resistance of the rollers - OD was off for sure and a few times it dropped to 3rd and screwed things up - I had a 1994 Saleen S351 (carb Converted for Road racing) years ago and it made 672 and we had to have 500lbs in sand bags in the trunk to keep the wheels from smoking This was not near as intense even though the numbers are good - I remember even the Dyno guy was scared it might get loose -

Latest posts