4 Piston Rear Brembo and 13" Rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Johnson

Reaction score
Time for a New Project - one year with the 6 piston Brembos and 15 Inch Stoptec Rotors - problem free - now its time to chop up the rear hub to make the rears fit - Its always fun so Stay Tuned

So far 2013 Shelby 4 Piston Rears and Stoptec 13's from a 2010 Lincoln Aviator to retain the park brake set up. Black to match the front but I might flip them to red to look better behind the Black Chrome wheels

sounds like a fun project btw do you know the part number for the shocks from the f150 you are using. Your truck is why I bought my adrenalin so any info woud be much appreciated.

The fronts came out mint, I am sure the rears will too !!!

Todd Z

Thanks - I have donor L/R Complete Rears to mock up - I will get the part numbers off the shocks - the only reason that this worked on mine was the removal of the springs and full coil over style conversion - I will post project pictures as I have relevance no one wants to see a guy with a torch working - mock up on Donors to make the brackets and then i will re cut my own rears -

I'm just going to bring my truck to you everytime I get a wild idea you are the man when it comes to these trucks. I would love to have better brakes on my sta but i wouldnt even know where to begin. Is the performance gain worth the $$$?

Chad,

You can get really excellent brakes, with oem hardware. Using" Performance Friction Pads ".

I realize that a custom set up would be the best, but. For the $$ IMO, on my '04. The PF pads are a 3 fold increase over oem type pads.

I drive hard and fast. I never have fade and the hotter they get, the better they stop. They are carbon metalic and dont chew up, warp or burn my stock rotors. The way ceramics do. Also they are quiet.

If you are in a $$ crunch, I recomend trying them. Im still impressed since day one.

I dont know about the gen2 trac. The cost for my gen1 is about $30 per set more than other oem replacments.

Spindles coming along - it will take 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Rear Rotors to wrap up this project - the shop can get to them in a week or so - much harder than the fronts, I tell ya!

4 Pistons had to be re-arched to saddle the e-brake drums - that took about an hour and a big pile of aluminum shavings -

Will need longer wheel studs like on the front project before we can align and drill the brackets -

hope for pictures soon -

Latest posts