3" BL, 2" TT, 2" SL coming soon! ATT: Jerry, Hugh, Travis, Ben and others

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
Okay fellas, due to popularity of our sport tracs being lifted. I have been pressured into lifting mine as well. I just want to make sure I do everything right. I will be going with a 3" body lift. I have several MOOG suspension parts yet to be installed. I'd like to do everything all at once. I have new lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, front and rear end links, front sway bar bushings, upper control arms, Monroe Sensa Trac shocks, and Warrior product shackles. I just have a few questions and would like tips and sugHgestions also.

I have a 2001 ST job 2 4X4 Limited Slip with 4:10 gears. I will be mounting 285/75s bf Goodrich tires with 1.5" spacers in rear and 1" up front.

What brand of body lift should I go with and how much should I be looking to pay for it?

With the body lift installed, will I have trouble with my current suspension parts to be installed?

I currently have a bruahguard, I understand I'd have to fabricate new brackets to fit my brushguard after the lift

Last edited by a moderator:
get a performance accessories bodylift they are usually about $270 but if you have a shop install it be ready to pay around $600 for install, none of the suspention parts are not effected by the bodylift in any way... as for the brushguard you may be able to modify the current ones that you have instead of making new ones, thats what i did... for info on the tires with spacers talk to jerry, hes you man in that department

I have new lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, front and rear end links, front sway bar bushings, upper control arms, Monroe Sensa Trac shocks

Best idea! Perfect start.

You probably won't need to go 2" on the torsion twist with that size tire. I only have about 1.5"-1.75" for 35s. I would get everything else installed and then see how much you need to go up on the torsion twist. Only go as high as you need to.

I assume you're going to keep the stock wheels? Your spacers idea sound fine. You may even want to go without spacers up front at all. Just install the rear ones and see how it looks. If you want to bump the front ones out, go ahead and add spacers up front as well. You'd be better off without them, but with that tire size, you'll be alright. Definitely go with wider spacers in the rear than the front for the best look. 1.5" spacers on the rear of mine without anything on the front looks perfect, IMO.

Travis said it pretty well. As for the wheels and tires/ sapcers go with 1.25" up front and 1.5" out back. I'm geussing you wanna use your factory 16's. Just a suggestion but you can get a 33" tire in a 15" rim size for half the price. I got all five of my wheels and tires, mounted, balanced and warranteed for less then I would have paid for four 285's.

[Broken External Image]:

We'll have the Good and Evil twins together on the site again, although mine has gotten more sinester. :haveabeer::supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
:bwahaha:
Once you go Trac, you never go back

Bernard, I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like an intricate challenge. I'll help you make fliers lol

And I supposed I'll have to sell you my racks back to you lol. I've seen you post on here everytime you see a post of a white ST. Makes you sad and brings back memories don't it?

I got my Trac looking pretty good now. Just ready for that lift. :banana:

Thanks guys. I do miss it so much. This Avalanche is so nice but damnit it barely fits anywhere. I may have tracked down the buyer and will call them this weekend to see if he will budge to sell it.

I visit the site almost every week and I see that my evil twin is looking meaner. I like the bumper alot, it fits nice for sure.

Keep up the good work guys. If I don't find mine...I will just buy another one and jack it back up!:banana:

As many of you suffer from the common problem of our body mounts deteriorating, I do as well. Upon doing the body lift. Should I have mine replaced?

How much can I buy them for and where?

Absolutely! This is the smartest thing to do. I wish I had done it at the time but I was just in a hurry to get the body lift done and didn't want to spend any money at the time. I sure wish I had taken the time and money then, though. I've had the mounts sitting in the garage since the beginning of the year because I can always find something more enjoyable to do than replace those body mounts.

I simply cannot stress how much I would recommend doing that. Do yourself a huge favor and do the smart thing.

Aftermarket are a heck of a lot cheaper than OEM. Do a search for Daystar body mounts. I think there's a few threads about this job.

Thanks Hugh , I've read several post about it. Some about trying to start a petition against ford. I've heard energy suspensions is a good brand as well.

Good for you bro! I'm glad you're putting the money and time into replacing the joints, ends, bushings etc! I don't know how mechanically sound you are, but that body lift is something almost anyone can do. Surely you have a buddy with a garage full of air tools?

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

This coming week the Trac is going into the shop to have them suspension parts mentioned above installed. Along with all that, I will be upgrading rear away bars as well. After its done the TT and SL should be done. Unfortunately the lift will have to wait a bit longer due to me needing to replace body mounts. I had a shop quote me 250 for the install but I want to do it myself and will probably do it myself.

I saw some Daystar cab body mounts at energy suspension .com for 149.99. Is that a fair price to pay for them?

I currently have a brushguard, I will need to fab up some brackets to properly fit after the BL. I thought about cutting the headlight guard part and leaving as is to give it that bull guard look. Any suggestions?

The 3" PA body lift does come with the fuel line extension and steering shaft linkage right?

You'll only need the steering linkage and it its included. Glad to see it on its way.

As mentioned, the steering extension is included. The fuel filler tube has enough length to loosen the clamp and then pull it down enough.

I don't know man, $250 to install the bodylift, that's dirt cheap, do they know how much tedious B.S. is involved in bodylifting the ST. Can't wait to see pictures of the Trac lifted.

what did you do to fit your westing brush gusrd

Fabricated my own brackets.

I don't know man, $250 to install the bodylift, that's dirt cheap, do they know how much tedious B.S. is involved in bodylifting the ST.

Agreed. I would absolutely pay someone $250 to do it for me. It's not difficult but I've paid more money for less involved work just to not have to do it myself. It was a nice project to get to know the truck from bumper to bumper, though. If someone would do my body mounts for $250, I'd jump at that deal.

Latest posts