2011 Edge Vista roof

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaninVa

Reaction score
Linda bought a 2011 Edge Limited with all the bells and whistles. She has, so far, really enjoyed it. However, there is a small problem with the "accordion" gasket on the Vista moonroof: it keeps coming loose from the front end clip and will not stay in the rail. So it just flops around. It is easy to stick back in its clip and put back into the rail slot but it is becoming a PITA to have to keep doing this. Anyone have any ideas or solutions? Thanks in advance.

For some reason Ford has had more issues with the Vista roof. Everything from rattles to leaks and many of them with no resolve (especially the rattles) The only advice I can offer up is to take it to Ford and see what they can do with it.

I've had the same problem with my '11 Edge Limited over the last few months. I've cleaned the seal real well, and then treated it with 303 Aerospace Protectant to make it slicker. I also rubbed a little baby powder along the top of the seal where it rubs against the glass. This is an old trick that I've used with my slide-out on my RV. Keeps the rubber from sticking to other surfaces and lets the seals stay in place and do their job.

Thanks for the input. I have been by the dealer, talked to the "man" for sun roof problems. He showed me how to reinstall the gasket. His take on the situation: "Piss poor design." :grin:

TT...he just showed me how it goes back in the front clip and how it slots into the rail...no help with keeping it there :angry: A different tech said he tried some kind of epoxy or other glue....didn't work out very well.

Latest posts