2010 XLT power train wrench light on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CChamp7

Reaction score
Hi. I just drove to San Antonio from Dallas and my power train light came on.
1. Could this be a low fluid issue?
2. Has anyone else had this before?
3. If you are in the San Antonio area do you have any recommendations for a shop to take a look?

Thanks!

Time for a set of front hubs/ wheel bearings.

I've owned too many explorers to not be a crazy guess here!

Happened 4 times a been right every time... Much better than visiting a autozone and them telling you that you need something based on a code!

Remember the new abs sensors are included in the hubs.

Last edited:
Need to read TroubleCodes via the OBD2 Port. Most part stores have a scanner that you can use free, just make sure it reads both Standard SAE and Proprietary FORD codes.

Need to read TroubleCodes via the OBD2 Port. Most part stores have a scanner that you can use free, just make sure it reads both Standard SAE and Proprietary FORD codes.
Exactly. Otherwise you will be just throwing parts at it until the issue(s) are resolved.

Hi. I just drove to San Antonio from Dallas and my power train light came on.
1. Could this be a low fluid issue?
2. Has anyone else had this before?
3. If you are in the San Antonio area do you have any recommendations for a shop to take a look?

Thanks!
All,
Towed the truck to the shop and it was diagnosed with a bad Transmission solenoid that signals shifts. While in high gears there was no indication of an issue but when it was time to down or upshift you could hear the transmission clank. They replaced it and thus far truck is shifting and working as expected.
Thanks!.

Latest posts