2008 ST - Steering Wheel Audio Control Malfunction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ

Reaction score
Hey all - Last week I cringed when I pressed the up/down volume on my steering wheel - the down button increased the volume, and the up button changed the presets. My truck is still under warranty through this summer, I think I'll be taking it in soon as the root cause, clockspring malfunction, would also result in a non-functioning airbag (safety issue).

Anyone know if there's a TSB on the issue?

Mahalo!

I am not aware of a TSB related to the the issue you are describing. Is your vehicle still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty period? If not, i'm not sure if this will be covered...

I'm almost positive that there is a TSB regarding the steering wheel controls, but I can't recall the exact description, etc.

I'll see if I can find you the number

Thanks Kevin - in that link I posted looks like this has been an issue since 2002MY - I sure hope the TSB they have for this is a ROBUST one and not a recurring issue. I.e., if it's a defective clockspring as the root-cause, they hopefully have replaced it w/ a new, revised clockspring.

Just want to help out the dealer, I'm sure they can look up the TSB. Then again, some dealers seem to have no clue.

Latest posts