2008 Navigation/stereo question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"Risky Bizness"

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I'm sure that I know the answer to this question, but am going to ask any way.

Is there any way to hook up a back up camera to one of these units? I doubt it, but had to ask.

Thanx,

"Risky Bizness"

When we got our 2012 King Ranch Expedition in 2012, one of the first things I did was to install a Lockpick. 11 years later, and it's still working on the factory NAV unit perfectly.
Got it mainly to enable the factory nav have input information entered while driving. And turning on the backup camera while towing helps to keep an eye on the trailer

Thank-you !! Will definitely look into this.

So, when you pull anything up on the screen, like say a map. Is it in color? Don't care about videos or such, just want basically a back up camera. Is there any drawbacks to this product? Anything you do NOT like about it?? Anything you really like about it??

I would really like to keep the original stereo in the truck.

Does it support carplay??

Is the 2008 S/T DVD based or hard drive based? If it's dvd based, the Lockpick won't work I don't believe

It has NO DVD in it as far as I can see. I believe it has capability for just one CD. (It had a CD left in it when I bought it, is all I know)

Lockpick is only available for 2010 Tracs according to the website

If this is true, have only one choice then.

I wasn't being a smarta** just saying choices are limited.

Have decided to go with a back up camera in the rear view mirror. The screen will be approx 7" wide by about 2 1/2" tall.

I contacted LockPick, and they said their product wouldn't work with my 2008 system. ☹️ BUT, I will still have the OEM unit, which I wanted to keep any way.

Hi all, I just had to retire my 2002 st, two days later I picked up a 2010 limited v8, looking online trying to figure out the stock stereo models available with the Microsoft link , help !

Lock-pic - it’s worked well on my 2010 Adrenalin with OEM nav/Sync. Added a front and rear camera. It’s been flawless for 13 years - map input while driving - camera views while driving - and even enjoy a surround sound DVD while driving - wife likes this

Only wish it could adapt to Apple CarPlay

Latest posts