2004 F150 heater water control valve

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
A freind has a '04 F150 heritage edtion, with a 4.6L. This is the last body style before a mid-year '04 change. He is the only owner.

All the you-tube vids and Ford truck sites are confusing. They show the heater control valve under the hood, it is not. the hotwater hose goe's into th fire wall and come back out. No valve on either hose. I have never known the valve to be inside. He has standard controls. Just not getting enough heat since the system was flushed. We suspect trash in the valve or it is not operating fully open.

Anyone know where the valve is?? Hate to take the inside plenum apart, only to be stumped again.:banghead:

Thanks

I don't know the location of that valve (searched, but couldn't find reliable info.), but I do have some thoughts.

Problem starting immediately after the flush suggests that something happened during the procedure.

Maybe an air pocket.

Blend door (doubt it, but you never know).

Could be a vacuum line was damaged.

Thermostat failing open.

You may have luck back flushing the system to force fluid backwards through the valve and, maybe, dislodge whatever may be in there.

Yardsale,

I told him to back flush it. I havent heard from him yet. I asked if his temp gauge shown the motor cooler than norm. He said, not that he could tell. I think I will tell him to change the T-stat, if it wasnt done.

He said the blend doors appear to be shuffling the air to the correct locations. If it is all done by blend doors though. It could be a failure in one of them to move fully.

Just odd we cant find a valve. Some times the valve also has a restrictor. As so the full pump pressure is not on the heater core, at high rpm.

We will tackle it next weekend, when he is off work.

Thanks

Latest posts