2003 Hood Strut

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Stiteler

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Best after market replacement hood struts? Head is sore!

MONROE Part # 901644 $9.27each rockauto.com Look under BODY category/LIFT SUPPORT Google rockauto discount code for 5%off :supercool:

I've tried the auto parts store versions.(one was a SACHS I believe) They do not last long. Under a year. I've had the Monroe version on for a few years now and it's still strong.

I also have one of these. They're Great!. Every car I work on it seems I use it. A locking vice grip works well too.

Lisle 44870 Gold Lift Support Clamp -$7.78 on rockauto Look in PART NUMBER SEARCH

Yep. I got a bumped head as well. I hung my old school work light up on the latch. It closed on me and shattered the light bulb! Went out immediately that moment and got a nicer work light:)

I replaced mine with the OEM from Stabilus. They are about $20.00 each, but I figure if the first set lasted 12 years, why experiment?

Ebay. $14.18 each with free shipping. I have these and they are perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I NEVER trust the OEM pumps..

Todd Z

7dce67aa433b5b108a4974d1fc9946b9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I didn't even check for aftermarket. I paid $73.83 each at the dealer. Idiot.

Latest posts