2002 Rear passenger window intermittent issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1RADCJ5

Reaction score
Hello everyone - For years I have had an issue with the passengers rear door window cutting out. I don't use that window, because I am afraid it will quit when its down, and I will be in a mess. A few years ago, my keypad on the drivers door quit too. I pulled the electrical box apart on the inside of open door, and pulled the kick panel off. I found a wire had broken. I extended the wire, reconnected it, and never had another issue with keypad. Now, last summer I tried finding a broken wire to the rear window that had quit for good. I couldn't figure out which wire on inside of kick panel went to passenger rear window, because I saw no other broken or pinched wires.... HOWEVER, once I put back together and gave up for the time being, The rear passenger window now works when it wants to, and quits when it wants to, so I don't use it again. That pretty much tells me a wire is broken in that area, but the sheath is not, so I can't see to fix. Does anyone have a schematic for the 2002 that shows that area, and what color wire I should be investigating inside the kick panel on drivers side? Apparently this area is a known issue on this truck.

Last edited:
Did you ever fix this? I had the issue in the past. Now after changing the Door speakers, my rear passenger window won't move.
I guess the first step is checking whether there is voltage at the switch.

Update: just drove into town, window working again???

Last edited:

Latest posts