1234, what are we fighting for?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
What the hell are we doing in afghanastan?

8, G.Is killed today:( total of 55 this month) 51 in aug. If Mr O would like to see his falling ratings go up, get us the heck outa that place.JMO rant over.

If we don't get out, at least send them some reenforcements like the Pentagon requested.

Obama should be impeached for Dereliction of Duty, it's taking way too long for him to make a decision. Our guys are getting killed every day.

It is a touchy situation for sure.

If we stay, we will suffer deaths, if we leave, it allows them to build back up in force and join with others. Then what? Will the battle come to our soil?

And yes, we will surely win a battle if it comes to our soil, I have little doubt about that.

However, it will come at a cost. The cost may be your niece, son, or daughter who is nothing more than an innocent citizen being killed by some stray rocket, bomb or bullet.

I really would prefer to fight the battle on THEIR soil. That said, send in enough troops and enough equipment to simply get the job done.

This will serve many purposes, one of which is to send a signal that we will not sit back and be screwed with..

I like that message...

Bud, I think the more troops we send in, the more will die, this is like nam all over again.

We gotta turn tail and run, just like we did in nam.

Or, turn the country into a glass parking lot and actually win the war, would be the first one since 1945.

Coastie, we do not fight wars to win anymore, we fight wars in a far to humanaterian way.

Last edited by a moderator:
First we have to have enough support there to stop the flow of weapons coming into that country. We know the weapons are not produced there, they just grow opium.

Then we need enough "Community Activists" ACORN types to canvas every inch of that land.

That will take care of them. ACORN and Census takers, we'll send them over there!

two problems taken care of in one fail swoop!

Next problem....

Bill,

I understand your point, but I also understand and agree with Coastiejoe's point of view as well.

My judgement is that we should have never gone into Iraq until we had finished with Afghanistan, and gone after Bin Laden and killed him when we had the chance. I feel that we need to throw everything we have at the Taliban & Al-Qaeda and do not let them join forces, but that may have already happened.

This will serve many purposes, one of which is to send a signal that we will not sit back and be screwed with..

I like that message...

Ditto.

Enough cutsie, friendly war. Flatten the enemies country. Crush, kill, destroy.

Roger, is a done deal, we are there as we speke, we have the tech to end this thing in a manner of hrs, U.S should make a declaration of war, things we did not do in Korea, vietnam, , desert storm, Iraq et Al. get it done, save 10s of billions a day, bring the troops home.

IMO chit or get off the pot.

turn the country into a glass parking lot and actually win the war

Hey, the modern hippies are always saying that we need to reduce our nuclear arsenal....why not use some of it?

I still don't see how we can have definitive victory over a force that can't amount to anything besides attacks of cowardice. You'd think they'd run out of recruits to blow themselves up, but they haven't, so the better solution is to simply nuke them all. It's not like we'd miss that chunk of earth.

Or shoot them all anyhow, 17 cents a bullet is cheaper, and no nasty nuclear repercussions.

"The mind of the Asiatic is devious and can not be trusted"--General George S. Patton (from War as I Knew It)

There is only one point to war and that is to make life so horrible, so miserable and so hard on the the enemy that they no longer want to be a part of the war. You can't do that by trying to play by rules.

The problem we have is that we don't want to piss anyone off, we want to win the approval of the people over there, instead of making things so hard that the people themselves want the Taliban, Al-Qeida and other terrorist groups out of the country so that things can get better. We are wiping noses and patting heads, these people have no incentive to wage this war themselves.

I have a son who has been through the games being played there, he's had his share of bullets thrown at him only to be told (stop now, you can't chase them over there because that country doesn't want us to cross their border) in the mean time the Taliban sit and laugh because we let them just walk away basically.

We are in a war over there... but we are not waging war there :angry:

Does anybody know why Russia pulled out of Iran(Afganistan) after 10 years of fighting? Because they couldn't win the war!!! Hint, Hint...:angry:

We need to end this crap, how many gizzlions of dollors have we spent on our war machine over the past 20 yrs, stuff that we do not use.

We know were the taliban are, we send little drones to bomb a single house or two.

lets take out an entire Mountain and kill them all, get r done america, quit pussing footing around, win this conflict, it is not a war untill we get the gonads to make it a war and end it.

Does anybody know why Russia pulled out of Iran(Afganistan) after 10 years of fighting?

Because the US gave the Mujahadeen modern weapons and support, that conflict is where we perfected technology like the Stinger.

bill barber said:
Rich, we can just walk away and let the animals destroy themselves.

Bill, if that was the only consequence of leaving, I'd be very much in favor. Unfortunately, that won't be the case.

In addition to murdering lots of innocent Afghans, the theocratic thugs, opium magnates, and radical looney toons will be all too happy to help Bin Laden and Co. re-establish the Al Qaeda operating infrastructure in that country.

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Like Viet Nam, it's become a political war. Kick out the journalist, get Congress' hands out of it and let the troops take care of business or get the hell out. We cannot win the way we are fighting now. Yes there will be civilian casualties, but at least they won't be our own soldiers.

Latest posts