'07 Tire Change

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry,

I kept the stock Chrome Rims and installed 275/55/R18 Toyo Proxes ST tires after just 70 miles on the original Michelins (235/65/R18). They fit perfectly with zero rubbing and zero modifications to make them fit. I don't think you can go any larger (wider) given the stock 44mm offset on the OEM wheels. The stock tires were 30.0" tall and my new Toyo's are 29.9" so there are no speedo issues either. There is a chance that 285/55/R18 may fit, but I haven't test fitted them (30.3" tall). /Brad

[Broken External Image]:

Also,

The OEM rims are 7.5" wide. Toyo Proxes ST specs list the 275/55/R18 tires as an accepted size (width) on 7.5" rims. Other manufacturers only suggest up to 265 widths on 7.5s. /Brad

I am running BFG All-Terrain TA 265/65/R18's on the stock 07 rims. They are 31.7" dia with a section width of 10.7". Only minor rubbing on the front suspension. I have done a fair amount of off-roading with no issues.

I went the same route as blksn8k. BFG AT/TA LT 265/65/18. Minor front

rub during full-lock turn. They fill the wheel wells and look awesome![Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts