'07 ST stock radio/nav question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning and Merry Chrisgmas! I recently purchased my first Sport Trac, an '07. It came with an awful headunit / stereo the previous owner installed .

I really want to find and putback the stock Navi screen. Ive been searching a few 07 STs at local junkyards it also looks like the 07 Explorer and 07 Mercury Mountaineer used the same thing .

Does anyone know a range of years and models this Nav unit could be interchangable into my truck? Or another option of $150 or less to install a new unit?

I've read a lot about installing a backup camera and using Lockpick to hook it to the factory nav screen but open to other options if not too expensive.

the problem is if it came with the NAV from the factory..... IF it didn't you cant just plug and play.... its a ton of work..... you have to figure what the truck came with from the factory and then get the right radio.... OHH and there was about 25 different option radios from the 07-10 Explorer and sport trac..... Need to know what steering wheel controls, Voice controls, Sync, Satellite, and Parking assist.......It sucks when people HACK shit.... your better off buying a new aftermarket radio and have it installed....

Oh well that's disappointing hah. Was hoping I could take any model explorer, sport Trac, or mountaineer and just plug and play like you mention .

I guess I'll be looking for some sort of aftermarket. To be honest, I'm less worried about the Nav.. I just wanted a screen I could rig a backup camera to. I figured the factory radio/screen would look best

Glad you posted this.Am also looking for a back-up camera...i cannot for the life of me park this pickup, i cannot see the hood of the car behind me...its totally guessing and praying.I have the SYNC NAV system that is lacking the oe backup system.
I really detest putting yet another screen on windshield...already have the front camera up there.What can be purchased to hook into the NAV screen ?Anything on EBay/Amazon ?
Thanks.

Well has anyone added a BACK-UP CAMERA to the rear inputs of the oe SYNC/NAV radio of the 2010 Adrenalin ??? Is there an input where the camera will show-up on the radio-screen when you put it in reverse ?

Glad you posted this.Am also looking for a back-up camera...i cannot for the life of me park this pickup, i cannot see the hood of the car behind me...its totally guessing and praying.I have the SYNC NAV system that is lacking the oe backup system.
I really detest putting yet another screen on windshield...already have the front camera up there.What can be purchased to hook into the NAV screen ?Anything on EBay/Amazon ?
Thanks.

I'm definitely not a pro but in my research all of the nav screens take a VGA input. The problem most people had was having the camera turn on when they put the truck in reverse. I'm pretty sure the factory nav screen has a ground to disable the video input while the parking brake is not engaged (safety precautions).

That's where the "lockpick" I mentioned above comes in:. https://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

Again I'm no expert and could be completely wrong. I ended up buying a Chinese 7" radio screen on wish.com that came with a free cheapo backup camera. Pulled my current aftermarket radio already but need to get a different double din bracket.

F0659AB6-89B6-4538-8A95-89D2DB4D0A3E.jpeg

I have a camera on my 2010 w/nav. Lockpick unit and wireless to the camera. Screen looks exactly like oe. Purchased a tailgate handle from the F-series that had it there. It’s wired to the backup lamps for power. Works great albeit there is a couple seconds delay, not instantaneous like oe. I think I have all the part numbers, etc somewhere. If you know anyone in a Ford parts department, they should be able to run the VIN and tell you what radio it came with. There are also window sticker sites but not sure if they work anymore.

Last edited:
Ok I want to add the backup camera and have a radio that does navigation, dvd, Sirius xm and basically everything. I've read a lot but was wondering what radio might be best to accomplish all of this?