'07 ST exposed frame?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis K

Reaction score
I just purchased an 07 Sport Trac last week and I am already in love with it.

On the model I purchased, there is quite a bit of frame visible when you look at it from the side. I was wondering if this was because of a body lift or if it is normal? I can't find any pictures online that show as much frame as mine does. I do not have a running board or nerf bars so it could be that the previous owner removed the running boards (it doesn't look like there is a missing body piece tho). If I need to post pictures to give you a better idea of what is going on just let me know. Thanks!

-Travis

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you already have figured out the problem. The previous owner removed them and didn't bother turning them in with the Trac when they traded it in (assuming they didn't throw them out).

Already answered, but yes the step bars are probably missing. On my '01 I removed mine in the summer because I was in the Navy and my white uniform would always seem to get dirty on the back of my pant legs getting out of the truck. The '01 looked ok without them.

Now on my '07, even with the step bars on there the vehicle the frame is quite visible. I can't imagine how it would look with them missing. I think the Adrenalin boards cover the frame the best.

SOME 07's came without step bars but it is pretty rare. I purposely got my old 05 without them because they only get my pants dirty in the winter. When I got my 08 there were none available without step bars. I thought of taking them off but like you, I was eyeing that big honking mass of framerail that was gonna show, so I left them on.