07 Automatic Door Locking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentheREALone Z

Reaction score
My 07 Ltd. doors automatically lock at about 14 mph, I think. I had a 97' Explorer that the doors locked automatically as soon as the tranny was put in Drive. I liked that much better. I there an easy way to change the automatic door locking feature so it locks at a lower speed? Like maybe 2 or 3 mph (similar to my old Explorer). Did a search and checked the projects, didn't find it.

The owners manual does not say anything about changing when they lock speed wise. Play with the setting on the dash. They are in the user available settings on the odometer.

No such luck. I can only turn Autolock "ON" or "OFF", no adjustment on speed or time that I can find. Maybe it cannot be user programmed? I could not find anything in the Owners Manual either, so I thought maybe an expert here could help.

i like the auto doorlocks, but, my passengers sure dont !! people keep getting pinched by it when they have their arms on the door with the window down. some have gotten pretty mad at ME for not WARNING them !! as if i can remember that !

My '04 ST auto locks as soon as I put it in gear. Or also if someone gets out and the motor is still running. All I do is tap the brake and it locks, even in park.

Latest posts