05 Body bushing issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl Hudgins

Reaction score
I have an 05 Sort trac that has the front bushings crumbling like you are talking about, so I guess it is still a bad problem that Ford has yet to address....

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for FoMoCo to take action. The rest of the truck will probably crumble apart before that happens. I'm dreading dealing with this...:sad:

2003 Sport-Trac 115,000 Further to my last... The estimate to replace the two body mounts that are just inboard of the front edge of the front door is $886.91. Breaks out as Parts = $238.08 Top $55.48 x 2, Bottom $55.25 x 2, the bolts aren't supposed to be reused so, 2x $8.32 for those. ^ hours of labor $569.70 and yes kiddies, all the other mounts have to be loosened to be able to get to the top part of the mounts to replace them. Time to shopping for something newer and possibly a different make.

I know how you can knock off $569.70.

From having done the body lift I can say that it isn't fun, but it's not that hard and it certainly is worth saving close to $600. I wish I had done them when I was doing the body lift but mine weren't bad, just noticed that it was going to be a matter of time. I just wanted to hurry up and finish the body lift and figured I'd get back to it when necessary. It only requires basic tools, novice experience and some patience.

And I agree with Rodger.

Latest posts