03 sport trac power mirror troubles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
power mirrors on my 2003 sport trac have stopped working.

replaced the 5amp mini fuse in the #1 fuse slot marked for mirrors in manual.

replaced power mirror control switch.

mirrors still don't rotate.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I know there is also a relay within the system, not sure where off-hand.

One thing I would do is, use a meter to see if the switch is actually getting power, if so, test to make sure it is getting through the switch, (which it should as you have replaced it).

I would also check to see that there is power on both sides of the fuse as well.

One of these will NOT have power and you will then have a clue as to which direction to look...

a761d004a187d685a1e399e775743a6c.jpg

Pop the switch out of the door panel and see if there's power on the Orange/Lt.Green wire. That's your power supply. Hopefully it will just be the switch. I've replaced several on the F150's. You may have wiring issues in the door junction/flex boot area though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thanks to coastiejoe & steve m.

problem was the orange/lt.green power wire was completely

severed in two, in the bottom half of the door junction flex boot

harness.

Kevin, how did you get at the wire? I have the exact same problem on my 03, but have been unable to open up the the black wire capsule that is in the drivers side door jamb.

Just fixed mine as well. My orange/green wire was also completely severed. It's almost as if the wire was too short because there was no slack whatsoever. I just spliced in an additional inch of wire and now all better. Thanks all.

Latest posts