'02 Trac Audiophile wiring question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Smithson

Reaction score
After much digging, I found the Excel file on here for the pin outs on the '02 Audiophile system - BIG THANKS to the poster of that gem! It's going to come in handy for replacing my dead factory head unit this week.

My question is as follows - on the large plug with only three wires, what are "ACP A", "ACP B", and "ASYSON"? I assume the last one is short for "audio system on", but what is it going to? Do I need it when I hook up an aftermarket head unit? The sub woofer plug has its own trigger for the sub's amp. Maybe someone with the full wiring diagram can help me out?

One other tidbit that I dug up may be of use to other ST owners with the Audiophile system - Crutchfield claimed to have never encountered our system (two different reps), although I know better from reading here, and said they had no adapter. After some digging on the Scoshce web site, I found part # FDK9B, which is listed as "98 Prem Snd", but looked a whole lot like the Audiophile plugs. Sure enough, a call to Scosche tech support verified this. I should also note that FDK13B looks like it will work, but has an extra RCA jack. Links to both P/Ns are below.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think I've answered my own question - looks like the mystery wires are for the rear seat audio controls. The Metra 70-5519 harness kit is also a fit, but omits the plug for the rear audio controls. I believe the Metra P/N was posted waaay back in the archives, so thought I would put this up as more recent reference material since a lot of ST's are now in the hands of 2nd owners who tend to upgrade audio more often.

Now, if someone would only post some advice on the best bezel kit for a single DIN head unit....I've looked at old posts until I'm worn out trying to figure out the best option!

Latest posts