01 DRIVER SIDE POWER WINDOW

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Mikutel

Reaction score
WELL...AFTER OWNING HONDA'S MY WHOLE LIFE AND STILL A HONDA CAR OWNER...IVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS....BOUGHT MY TRACK LAST MONTH......AND PULL INTO A PARKING LOT FRIDAY NIGHT AND MY WINDOW WOULD GO UP.....FINALLY AFTER MESSING WITH THE SWITCH FOR TEN MINUTES I GOT IT TO GO UP......IT WILL GO DOWN FINE...BUT ITS NOT MAKING THAT CLICK WHEN I PUSH UP....ANY IDEAS?

well thats funny cause my trac blows my wifes accord out of the water in the reliability dept. anyways what year is it, i think the interiors changed slightly in 03

You should test the switch to see if the continuity is good, (in other words, it makes contact when rocked forward and or back ward). If so, you need to ensure it is getting power to the switch, which, I believe it is as it will go down.

There are some relays as well, they can be tested simply by swapping them around. Check the plug connections at the motor.

The motor can be defective as it operates in both directions by simply switching the polarity of the power.

Latest posts